Those opposed to Donald Trump's stance on illegal immigration maintain that his policies are based in racism, and I'm seeing a lot of comments about this on social media. Some are fearful that Trump will kick them out of the country simply because of the color of their skin, and I believe that this impression is due to a concerted media campaign to smear Trump.
In this video, I examine Trump's position on immigration and ask whether there might not be compelling reasons to seal the border with Mexico and place limits on immigration by certain groups. The following issues are considered:
1) For those who believe that Trump's policies are racist, where are you getting your information? From his opponents in the Democratic Party and the mainstream media? Have you actually listened to any of Trump's interviews and speeches? Have you heard him out? Would you want someone to evaluate you based on what your enemies say about you?
2) There are numerous valid reasons to seal the border and scrutinize those who enter the country, including: a) gun-running, b) drug-smuggling, c) other types of criminal activity, d) the possible introduction of diseases, and e) the threat of terrorism, particularly if terrorists are successful in smuggling in weapons of mass destruction - why make ourselves an easy target by giving them an open door?
3) Where Islamic immigration is concerned, several issues need to be addressed:
- Yes, it's true that not all Muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists are Muslims. Islam has a violence problem that desperately needs to be addressed. There is nothing racist about admitting the problem, and hiding from the problem is self-defeating.
- American Muslims who are concerned about being perceived as a threat need to do more to separate themselves from the jihadists. Muslim leaders in every community need to publicly reject jihad. Yet, many are afraid to do so because they realize how radical some of their brethren are, and they fear for their lives. Others, while not active in jihad themselves, may well be sympathetic to it, as has been the case in Great Britain.
- In Islam, it is perfectly acceptable to lie to an infidel in order to advance the cause of Allah. We need a strong vetting system to weed out the troublemakers, and this makes the issue that much more problematic.
- America's culture did not spring into existence overnight; it's a product of thousands of years of western civilization. If we want to have a country in the future, and keep America a bastion of freedom, we must ensure that we bring in only those people who love our land, agree with our ideals, and want to be a part of who we are. We do ourselves no favors by turning America into Afghanistan simply to look nice.
- Globalists deliberately want to destroy our culture by bringing in large groups of immigrants who have nothing in common with us. They call it 'diversity,' but it is really a means of trying to remake the world, of trying to create a global citizenry that will accept a global government (which they intend to lead, naturally).